CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

My name is Maria Isabel, About book


The little girl Maria Isabel, is very proud of her name. She goes to a new school and her teacher re-names her Mary. She hates this because she is proud of her name! I think it is a great book because it shows the background of Maria's name and how proud she is of it. In the end her name gets changed because she made a wish. I think this is a good book to make students wonder where their names came from and get them interested in history.

1 comments:

Jesica said...

I dig how you posted a picture of the book like me! I really enjoyed the book more than I initially thought that I would. It was a really easy read and it was a cute story. What was your favorite part of the story?